Advocating For You After Your Injury

Photo of attorney Peter E. Hutchins

What Happens When The Other Driver Can’t Pay For The Damage?

Approximately 20-25 percent of all auto accident insurance disputes involve uninsured or underinsured motorists. This means that after your accident, when you are already dealing with the pain and frustration of your injuries, you may also be facing an uphill battle to recover the money you need and deserve under the law.

You may be wondering, “Should I bother pressing charges if the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance? What if the other driver claims bankruptcy? If I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, what options do I have?”

At the Law Offices of Peter E. Hutchins, we are here to answer your questions and help you pursue the full amount of compensation you deserve from all applicable insurance policies, including your own. Our Manchester uninsured motorist claim attorneys understand the frustration of trying to deal with legal details and insurance company tactics. You can count on us to stand up for you and effectively fight for full compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent impairment and more.

Bodily Injury Claims Versus UM/UIM Claims

If you have a bodily injury claim, it means you are requesting compensation from the person who hit you and his or her insurance company. The problem is that the offending party may not have enough insurance coverage or personal assets to cover your costs. In such cases, you will likely need to file an uninsured motorist (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) claim.

These claims can be complex and contain many notice requirements, deadlines and cooperation requirements that are different from a case involving a fully insured defendant motorist. That is why it is critical to receive sound, experienced and prompt legal counsel.

In a UM/UIM claim, you are requesting compensation from your own insurance policy. You have every right to do this, since you paid the premiums for this very reason. However, insurance companies are notorious for disputing the severity of the injuries, the amount of the medical bills, the cause of the accident, etc. Sometimes, they even try to claim that the insurance policy does not apply or provide coverage. This is why it can make all the difference to have a skilled lawyer on your side.

Learn More From A Nashua Underinsured Driver Claim Attorney

To learn more about how the Law Offices of Peter E. Hutchins can assist you with UM/UIM claims in New Hampshire, please call our Manchester office at 603-463-0055 or toll free at 866-714-7450, or contact us by email.

We regularly accept referral and co-counsel cases from other attorneys throughout New Hampshire, Essex and Middlesex counties in Massachusetts, as well as Boston.

No fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict.